CloudOps is a cloud consulting and services company focused on open source, cloud platforms, networking and DevOps. We help businesses thrive in a data driven software economy with successful adoption and operation of cloud platforms, enabling self-service, utility economics and API-automated, continuous delivery of IT. CloudOps helps its customers own their destiny in the clouds.
Cloud Solution Architect
CloudOps is looking for a motivated Cloud Solution Architect to help companies of various sizes adopt containers. You will review customers’ current application platform architecture and help them on the path of application modernization and when appropriate, to use modern cloud infrastructure and cloud native development technologies and processes. A core requirement is to build and maintain relationships with these customers providing technical guidance to architects, developers and operators. The position requires a balance between multiple disciplines, and strong interpersonal skills.
This is a full time position based at our Montreal head office. This position will require travel for customer visits.
Principal roles and responsibilities as a Cloud Solution Architect (Azure)
- Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to Azure cloud infrastructure and DevOps practices at CloudOps.
- Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to the Azure platform and DevOps marketplace
- Design Azure infrastructure and DevOps solutions, architectures and roadmaps
- Deploy Kubernetes and container solutions to various public clouds and on-prem
- Enable development teams to leverage cloud-native architectures with new and existing applications
- Evolve and build best practice materials for all aspects of Azure and DevOps ecosystems
- Deliver workshops and labs about Azure, containers, orchestrators and microservices
- Create and curate workshop and lab material, keeping it relevant and up-to-date
- Deliver Azure, container, orchestrator and microservices projects
- Enable sales including knowledge transfer, architecture and design, as well as participate in the sales cycle as needed
- Participate in community and market activities including participation in trade shows
- Create, build and grow partnerships with various organizations relevant to the practice
Qualifications and skills a Cloud Solution Architect
- Experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure
- MCSE certification
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- Knowledge of networking for public clouds, containers and orchestrators
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging for containers and orchestrators
- Knowledge of continuous integration via tools like Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Scripting (Ansible, bash, Python, etc.)
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs
Why choose us?
- Over 10 years in business and internationally recognized leader in cloud computing
- Ranked in the PROFIT 500 list the last five consecutive years
- Flexible hours, possibility to work from home
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Casual dress code
- Happy hour after five every Friday
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Office located in beautiful Old Montreal
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to CloudOps.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.