CloudOps is a cloud consulting and services company focused on open source, cloud platforms, networking and DevOps. We help businesses thrive in a data driven software economy with successful adoption and operation of cloud platforms, enabling self-service, utility economics and API-automated, continuous delivery of IT. CloudOps helps its customers own their destiny in the clouds.
As an OpenStack consultant you will be working with product managers, project managers, engineering teams, customers and sales teams to develop cloud solutions based on the OpenStack platform. You will be considering business, technical and operational aspects of our customers’ cloud strategy. The work will span networking, cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and platforms (PaaS). You will engage in large projects, working through analysis, design and implementation with project teams to deliver viable cloud solutions to CloudOps’ customers.
Responsibilities as an OpenStack Consultant
- Work with customers to understand project goals, define requirements and scope.
- Analyze gaps in complete cloud lifecycle management.
- Create designs for OpenStack-based cloud implementations.
- Propose integration approach with existing services and applications.
- Perform capacity planning for the cloud and provide hardware recommendations.
- Work with engineering teams to validate implementation details.
- Create cloud solution blueprints, reference architectures and white papers.
- Develop personal relationships with executives, engineering teams and customers.
- Provide cross-company technical leadership.
Key Qualifications as an OpenStack Consultant
- B.Sc. or higher in Computer Science (or similar)
- Passion for Open Source and CNCF communities
- Excellent understanding of the cloud computing domain, key players and technologies.
- Successfully developed reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with automation (Terraform, Heat, Ansible…)
- Experience using agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM).
- Experience in building high-availability (HA) production-grade solutions in virtualized environments.
- Hands-on experience with Open Source frameworks (e.g., CloudFoundry, Cloudify, OpenShift, Hadoop).
- Understanding of messaging solutions (e.g., ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ).
- Understanding of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL in HA deployments.
- Understanding of Active Directory (AD) or LDAP deployments and single sign-on for business-critical applications.
- Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills (e.g., capacity planning).
- Good writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to get a B1 or TN Visa
- Willingness to travel (50%)
Why choose us?
- Over 10 years in business and internationally recognized leader in cloud computing
- Ranked in the PROFIT 500 the last five consecutive years
- Flexible hours, possibility to work from home
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Casual dress code
- Happy hour after five every Friday
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Office located in beautiful Old Montreal
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to CloudOps.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.