CloudOps is a cloud consulting and services company focused on open source, cloud platforms, networking and DevOps. We help businesses thrive in a data driven software economy with successful adoption and operation of cloud platforms, enabling self-service, utility economics and API-automated, continuous delivery of IT. CloudOps helps its customers own their destiny in the clouds.
Container Networking & Application Delivery Architect
CloudOps is looking for a motivated Container Networking & Application Delivery Architect to help companies of various sizes address their different application delivery and container networking related challenges. You will review customers’ current network architectures and help them on the path of modernization and optimization and, when appropriate, use modern cloud native delivery technologies and processes. A core requirement is to build and maintain relationships with these customers providing technical guidance to architects, developers and operators. The position requires a balance between multiple disciplines and strong interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position based at our Montreal head office. This position will require travel for customer visits.
Principal roles and responsibilities as a Container Networking & Application Delivery Architect
- Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to CloudOps’ reference network solutions and architectures.
- Work with the customer’s team to deliver solutions to complex problems.
- Be comfortable with various types of projects including health checks, deployments, configurations and improvements.
- Integrate networking solutions with OpenShift, Kubernetes and container solutions in to architectures and roadmaps.
- Design and deploy networking solutions to various public clouds and on-premises.
- Evolve and build best practice materials for all aspects of the cloud networking practice.
- Deliver workshops and labs about ADCs, SDN/NFVi, Infrastructure-as-code, service mesh and other cloud native and networking topics.
- Create and curate workshop and lab material, keeping it relevant and up-to-date.
- Participate in community and market activities including participation in trade shows.
- Create, build and grow partnerships with various organizations relevant to the practice.
Qualifications and skills as a Container Networking & Application Delivery Architect
- Functional knowledge of TCP/IP & Layers 2-7, WAN, routers, switches and firewalls
- Thorough knowledge of web protocol analysis tools
- Experience with Application Delivery Controller (ADC) technology such as Citrix NetScaler, NGINX, F5 products
- Knowledge of Docker, OpenShift, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Citrix NetScaler SDX, VPX, MPX and CPX Platforms
- Skills in load balancing, GSLB, Gateway, SSL and User Authentication concepts such as AAA and SAML
Why choose us?
- Over 10 years in business and internationally recognized leader in cloud computing
- Ranked in the PROFIT 500 the last five consecutive years
- Flexible hours, possibility to work from home
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Casual dress code
- Happy hour after five every Friday
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Located in Griffintown, moving to Old Montreal soon
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to CloudOps.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.