CloudOps is a cloud consulting and services company focused on open source, cloud platforms, networking and DevOps. We help businesses thrive in a data driven software economy with successful adoption and operation of cloud platforms, enabling self-service, utility economics and API-automated, continuous delivery of IT. CloudOps helps its customers own their destiny in the clouds.
CloudOps is looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for advancing DevOps practices within our organization as well as our with customers. A successful candidate must be adaptable, flexible, able to multi-task, and an excellent team player.
Working alongside members of the development team, system operators and other various IT professionals, a DevOps engineer is the glue bringing those teams’ projects and objectives to fruition.
This is a full time position based at our Montreal head office. This position will require travel for customer visits.
Principal roles and responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer
- Maintain and develop automation using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Design and implementation of monitoring and alerting systems using various APMs
- Orchestrate staging and production deployments
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
Qualifications and skills a DevOps Engineer
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud as well as VMWare and OpenStack
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, GKE, AKS, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift and/or Swarm
- Scripting (Python, bash, etc.)
- Experience with public cloud services beyond basic IaaS functionality
- Experience developing automation with Terraform or other infrastructure provisioning tools
- Engineering experience building production infrastructure using code and repeatable designs
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments
Why choose us?
- Over 10 years in business and internationally recognized leader in cloud computing
- Ranked in the PROFIT 500 the last five consecutive years
- Flexible hours, possibility to work from home
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Casual dress code
- Happy hour after five every Friday
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Office located in beautiful Old Montreal
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to CloudOps.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.