CloudOps is a cloud consulting and services company focused on open source, cloud platforms, networking and DevOps. We help businesses thrive in a data driven software economy with successful adoption and operation of cloud platforms, enabling self-service, utility economics and API-automated, continuous delivery of IT. CloudOps helps its customers own their destiny in the clouds.
Container Solution Architect (Kubernetes, Docker)
CloudOps is looking for a motivated Container Solution Architect to help companies of various sizes adopt containers. You will review customers’ current application platform architecture and help them on the path of application modernization and when appropriate, to use modern cloud native development technologies and processes. A core requirement is to build and maintain relationships with these customers providing technical guidance to architects, developers and operators. The position requires a balance between multiple disciplines, and strong interpersonal skills.
This is a full time position based at our Montreal head office. This position will require travel for customer visits.
Principal roles and responsibilities as a Container Solution Architect (Kubernetes, Docker)
Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to Kubernetes, OpenShift, containers, microservices and DevOps practices at CloudOps.
- Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to the Kubernetes platform, Docker and the container marketplace
- Design Kubernetes and container solutions, architectures and roadmaps
- Deploy Kubernetes and container solutions to various public clouds and on-prem
- Enable development teams to leverage cloud-native architectures with new and existing applications
- Evolve and build best practice materials for all aspects of Kubernetes and container ecosystems
- Deliver workshops and labs about containers, orchestrators and microservices
- Create and curate workshop and lab material, keeping it relevant and up-to-date
- Deliver container, orchestrator and microservices projects
- Enable sales including knowledge transfer, architecture and design, as well as participate in the sales cycle as needed
- Participate in community and market activities including participation in trade shows
- Create, build and grow partnerships with various organizations relevant to the practice
Qualifications and skills a Container Solution Architect (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Containerd, rkt, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the building blocks of Kubernetes
- Experience with setting up a cluster and deploying applications including cloud automation with GCP, AWS, Azure or on OpenStack
- Knowledge of networking for containers and orchestrators
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging for containers and orchestrators
- Knowledge of continuous integration via tools like Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Strong knowledge of how a Kubernetes platform operates (service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing)
- Scripting (bash, Python, etc.)
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs
- Messaging queues (Kafka, 0MQ, RabbitMQ, etc.)
Why choose us?
- Over 10 years in business and internationally recognized leader in cloud computing
- Ranked in the PROFIT 500 list the last five consecutive years
- Flexible hours, possibility to work from home
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Casual dress code
- Happy hour after five every Friday
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Office located in beautiful Old Montreal
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to CloudOps.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.